Right now I’m working on major fixes for the engine, especially for the parts I’m not happy with. Here’s a quick change-log.
- Fixed terrain generator interface, generators do now accept a Biome structure and apply it after initial terrain generation.
- Started implementing a chunk-cache. Before all chunk management was done within World which harder to maintain. Chunk-cache will be the interface between world and actual chunk-storage and will be also responsible for re-caching.
- Fixed a major mouse elevation & rotation input bug. yay
- Added a cool fps-graph widget, will be adding more.
- I’ll be further improve chunk processors, queues and so. Will be trying to fix that chunk-recache lag.
- Lightning needs far more work, it’s quite slow and buggy.